I wasn’t planning on posting any pictures of Noah’s room until it was completely done, but after a few requests to see what I’ve been up to lately, I suppose I will give you a little peek at what has kept me holed up in the second floor of my house for a week. I’m pretty proud of myself though. I have a friend who’s husband is an artist. He quoted me $500 to do the brown border. I about had a heart attack and knew that there had to be some way I could do it myself. I made 3 different templates for the cat tails and alternated them. Once the tape is taken off the bottom of the brown will be a straight line.
This is the best “before” picture I can dig up. I’m tried of looking for a better one b/c I have entirely too many pictures on this computer to go through. So, the walls were solid pink and all along the top were different colored polka dots, which you can sorta see in this picture of my insane children.
Now, here’s the room. We’ve got some touch ups to do on the dark blue and a second coat to do on the brown. We also need to do the trim and doors. Oh, and Steve has to polyurethane the toybox and put it back together since I decided on a whim it needed a turtle on it to match the bedding. I keep adding more work for him, but he’s been a huge help!
Looking into the room from the hall.
Looking out of the room from the window
The toybox/window area
And, finally, the front of the toybox with the turtle to match the bedding.
I’ll post final pics when it’s all done.